(Bold: first author (*: corresponding author); Bold&Italic: coauthor; : student coauthor)
- Kim, S., W. Shao, and J. Kam*, 2019, Spatiotemporal Patterns of US Drought Awareness, Palgrave Communications - Nature, 5, 107. doi:10.1057/s41599-019-0317-7 (pdf)
- Sadeghi, S., G. Tootle, E. Elliott, V. Lakshmi, M. Therrell, J. Kam, and B. Bearden, 2019, Atlantic Ocean Sea Surface Temperatures and Southeast United States Streamflow Variability: Associations with the Recent Multi-decadal Decline, J. Hydrol., 576, 422-429. doi:10.1016/j.jhydrol.2019.06.051.
- Kam, J.*, K. Stowers, and S. Kim, 2019, Monitoring of Drought Awareness from Google Trends: A Case Study of the 2011–17 California Drought, Weather Clim Soc., 11, 419-429. https://doi.org/10.1175/WCAS-D-18-0085.1
- Milly, P. C. D., J. Kam, K. A. Dunne, 2018, On the Sensitivity of Annual Streamflow to Air Temperature, Water Resour. Res., 54, 2624-2641. doi: 10.1002/2017WR021970.
- (Proceedings) Musaev, A., J. Kam, K. Stowers, 2018, Harnessing Data to Create an Effective Drought Management System, Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management, May 20-23, 2018, Rochester NY, USA. [link]
- Kam, J., T. R. Knutson, and P. C. D. Milly, 2018, Climate model assessment of changes in winter-spring streamflow timing over North America, J. Climate, 31, 5559-5579. doi: 10.1175/JCLI-D-17-0813.1.
- Knutson, T. R., J. Kam, F. Zeng, and A. T. Wittenberg, 2017, CMIP5 model-based assessment of anthropogenic influence on record global warmth during 2016, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 98 (12), S11-S15. 10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0104.1. Media: NYT, E&E News, InsideClimate News, InsideClimate News, International Business Times, Deutsch Welle, Inquirer.net (Philippines), Japan Times, wunderground.com (Bob Henson), YALE Climate Connections
- Kam, J., T. R. Knutson, F. Zeng, and A. T. Wittenberg, 2017, CMIP5 model-based assessment of anthropogenic influence on highly anomalous Arctic warmth during November-December 2016, Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 98 (12), S34-S38. doi: 10.1175/BAMS-D-17-0115.1.
- Kam, J., T. R. Knutson, F. Zeng, and A. T. Wittenberg, 2016, Mutlimodel assessment of anthropogenic influence on record global and regional warmth during 2015, Section 2 of "[Explaining extreme events of 2015 from a climate perspective]," Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 97, S4-S8. https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-16-0138.1
- Kam, J. and J. Sheffield, 2016, Increased drought and pluvial risk over California due to changing oceanic condition, J. Climate, 29, 8269-8279. https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/JCLI-D-15-0879.1
- Sadri, S., J. Kam, and J. Sheffield, 2016, Nonstationarity of low flows and their timing in the eastern United States, Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci., 20, 633-649, doi:10.5194/hess-20-633-2016.
- Kam, J. and J. Sheffield, 2015, Changes in the Low Flow Regime over the Eastern United States (1962-2011): Variability, Trends, and Attributions, Clim. Chang., 135, 639-653. doi: 10.1007/s10584-015-1574-0.
- Kam, J., T. R. Knutson, F. Zeng, and A. T. Wittenberg, 2015, Record annual-mean warmth over Europe, the northeast Pacific, and the northwest Atlantic during 2014: Assessment of anthropogenic influence, Section 13 of "[Explaining extreme events of 2014 from a climate perspective]," Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 96, S61-S65. https://doi.org/10.1175/BAMS-D-15-00101.1.
- Getirana, A., E. Dutra, M. Guimberteau, J. Kam, et al., 2014, Water balance in the Amazon basin from a land surface model ensemble. J. Hydrometeor., 15, 2586-2614. https://doi.org/10.1175/JHM-D-14-0068.1.
- Kam, J., J. Sheffield, and E. F. Wood, 2014, Changes in drought risk over the contiguous United States (1901-2012): The influence of the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, Geophys. Res. Lett., 41, 5897-5903. https://doi.org/10.1002/2014GL060973.
- Kam, J., J. Sheffield, and E. F. Wood, 2014, A multi-scale analysis of drought and pluvial mechanisms for the southeastern United States, J. Geophys. Res. Atmos., 119, 7348-7367. https://doi.org/10.1002/2014JD021453
- Kam, J., J. Sheffield, X. Yuan, and E. F. Wood, 2014, Did a skillful prediction of sea surface temperatures help or hinder forecasting the 2012 Midwestern summer drought?, Environ. Res. Lett., 9, 034005. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/3/034005.
- Yuan, X., E. F. Wood, N. W. Chaney, J. Sheffield, J. Kam, M. Liang, and K. Guan, 2013, Probabilistic seasonal forecasting of african drought by dynamical models, J. Hydrometeor., 14, 1706-1720. https://doi.org/10.1175/JHM-D-13-054.
- Kam, J., J. Sheffield, X. Yuan, and E. F. Wood, 2013, The influence of Atlantic tropical cyclones on drought over the eastern US (1980-2007), J. Clim., 26, 3067- 3086. https://doi.org/10.1175/JCLI-D-12-00244.1.
- Kumar, S., V. Merwade, J. Kam and K. Thurner, 2009, Streamflow trends in Indiana: effects of long term persistence, precipitation and subsurface drains, J. Hydrol., 374, 171–183. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhydrol.2009.06.012.