My current research interests center on 1) hydroclimatology with a focus on drought mechanisms, risk, and predictability, 2) land surface hydrologic modeling including anthropogenic processes, and 3) hydrologic forecasting over coupled human and natural systems particularly during water-related disasters.
- Drought Mechanisms and Predictability
- Impact of Climate Variability and Change on the Hydrologic Cycle
- Coupled Natural-Human Systems
- Social Dynamics of Social Response to Drought
- Impact of Dams and Reservoirs in the Natural-Human Systems
- Flood Inundation Mapping